The Role of the Center Forward
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The roles and responsibilities of a center forward when your team is defending
- A look at the different types of center forwards
- How far should your center forward drop back when defending
- How to use your center forward to slow down the opposition on change of possession
- How the center forward can make the opposition play predictable
- How to use a center forward in different formations and systems of play
The center forward has numerous functions when defending including, slowing down the opposition, filling in space, making the opposition play somewhat predictably, just to name a few.
Teams with all formations including the 4-3-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1, and others can all play with center forwards of different types.
Getting the best out of your center forward can be critical to the success of your formation and style of play. Teams use their center forwards in all kinds of different ways and this book explores how the top pro teams use their center forwards, how they are affective in their different uses and how you can use the same tactics with your team.