Defend Like the Pro's
Here is what you will find in this guide:
- The defending tactics of two of games finest coaches, Pep Guardiola and Jurgen Klopp
- How to defend by pressing high up the field
- The differences in the defending tactics of Klopp and Guardiola and why they both work
- The best way to transition from attack to defense and why it is critical
- Make the field smaller and force the opponent to turn the ball over
- How to slow down the opponent and make them play out of sync
Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool and Pep Guardiola at Manchester City are well known for their attacking style of play. But they are also defensive geniuses.
Defend Like the Pro's examines the defending tactics of these two coaches by looking at both of the 2018/2019 EPL games of Liverpool v Manchester City.
The first game was such a defensive masterpiece that it had the fewest shots of any game up to that point in the season. The first shot on target was in the 62nd minute. So if you want to improve the defending play of your team, there are no better coaches to learn from than Guardiola and Klopp.